bpa wrote:
> We sort of working on similar areas.  Commands.pm is where "m3u"
> playlist processing is hardcoded into using an LMS routine which PlayHLS
> has indicated it will do processing - so there will be a disconnect
> later.  It is not unreasonble as LMS is using a custom extension of m3u
> "# CURRTRACK".
>
> So I am working on feasibility of separating m3u8 processing from m3u as
> otherwise the fix may require updates to LMS(e.g.
> Slim::Formats::Playlists::M3U->readCurTrackForM3U becomes
> $playlisttype->readCurTrackForM3U )which means many users would not get
> benefit unless they updated.

I see that there are actually 3 places that M3U->readCurTrackForM3U is
called in Commands.pm, so I'm guessing that all of them would need
changing.
As you say, it would perhaps be simpler if you can somehow separate m3u8
from m3u; apologies if this gives you a headache when this problem
probably has no impact for most people :)