gnackwatschn wrote:
> In refer to my github issue I am writing here to discuss an issue I am
> experiencing.
>
> https://github.com/aesculus/denonavpcontrol/issues/23#issuecomment-1296308288
>
> LMS shows volume control in % (0% - 100%). My AVR shows also volume in %
> (0%-98%). When I set LMS volume to 5%, it is translated to 20% on my
> AVR. 10% is translated to 28.5% on my AVR and so on.
>
> I do not know if this is intended behavior or not. In my opinion, this
> does not make much sense and is not straightforward. Why would I want to
> have two different % values for one player? I think such a nonlinear
> behavior only makes sense for transforming % to dB and vice versa.
>
> The behavior is independent from client apps (Squeezer, LMS Material).
>
> So if this behavior is a bug, please see my github issue as a bug
> report. If the behavior is intended, please see this as a feature
> request, to get an optional 1:1 volume transfer, where 5% in LMS is 5%
> on my AVR and 10% is 10% and so on.

As I said in my response to your Github issue, you are mistaken when you
refer to the AVR volume scale as a percentage. It is, in fact, a decibel
range, whether you choose to display it on a scale of 0 to 98 or -79.5
to 18, as the Denon allows you to do. The linear 0-100 percent scale of
the player does not directly correlate to the 0-98 decibel scale of the
AVR, which is logarithmic rather than linear. An increase of 3dB at any
point in the range is a doubling of perceived volume. The plugin uses an
algorithm based on psychoacoustics to translate between the two scales.
'Here'
(https://pulsarinstruments.com/news/understanding-decibels-decibel-scale-and-noise-measurement-units)
is an article you might want to read for further information on the
decibel scale.

To get back to your problem, I would suggest you ensure that the
incremental change value  in whatever client apps you use is set to as
low a value as possible, especially when listening at low levels. I have
found that a value of +/-2 is ideal for use with the plugin.

Thanks for your input and I hope this information is helpful.

Sam