Grebg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m using both Raopbridge and Shairtunes (Linux x86) since a long time
> and sometimes in tricky situation like:
> Airplay source > Shairtunes to > LMS multiroom > Raopbridge > Airplay
> receiver
>
> Since few days, both plugin have been significantly updated (currently
> v1.05 and v1.0.6). But it lead to many problems one my side, including:
> - Airplay to Shairtunes unable to connect
> - Raopbridge unable to start on the non-static binary
> - Raopbridge randomly dropping Airplay receivers until reboot (or
> forcing a mp3 transcode)
>
> I spend some time trying to tweak the system and settings to make it
> work again, but with very limited success. In the end, I aimed to
> manually roll back to previous version of both plugins (v0.4.63.1 and
> v0.205.3) and somehow managed to make it work again.
>
> Some question on my side:
> - I’m using a specific version of LMS (Daphile) currently on 8.2.1 and
> can’t update to 8.3. Does the new versions of Raopbridge and Shairtunes
> specifically require 8.3? I didn’t see anything mentioned here…
> - Looking a the "big rework" topic mentioned few pages ago. Is this
> rework finished or still ongoing? Is there known issue? Should we expect
> again some improvements
>
> In any case, thanks for the big work across the years on these key
> plugins for LMS

Rework is almost done now and it should be more like a polishing phase.
There is no need of LMS 8.3

- non-static should work, unless your Linux distribution is something
like 6-7+ years old (and it should not be, it's not "wise")
- if receiver are being dropped, I'd need logs
- same for the shairtunes case, I'd need logs

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3