Zombie wrote:
> Got it working on the big system now, but there were three "issues":
> 1. I used the "transistor radio" setting and I could hear clipping of
> the signal, which is worrying
> 2. When random play plays a Tidal track (flac), the EQ settings are
> inactivated. (Didn't test if they were activated again if the following
> track is a flac from the NAS, see below.)
> 3. If I FFW with the progress indicator (the long bar) the settings are
> inactivated. If I press >| to the next track, they are activated again.
>
> I assume it is possible to change the EQ bands in a conf or XML file,
> right? I have dips at 70 Hz and 220 Hz and a peak at 12,5 kHz and I
> thought I'd make a quick and dirty room correction by making a 3-band EQ
> with those frequencies. The ideal would of course be to make a full
> correction. I'll check out the software you mentioned.
>
> I'll make a playlist with different formats tonight and test what
> happens, but great we got this far. Thanks!

Glad to hear you made some progress.
If you push up a level too much you may get clippling, partially depends
on whether you have volume normalised at source. I have smart gain
enabled, but even then some tracks .wma files for example are not
normalisd and come through hot. The Inguz log  will report clipping and
the peak dbfs level at the end of each track if this is above zero you
have clipping.
Inguz will operate in passthrough mode if it does not recognise the
format of what is being played. As flac is just a container and Tidal
deliver MQA, it might be that the files that are not eq'd are MQA files.
But this is just speculation on my part.
I have found that ffw or jumping to a file point doesn't really work
with flac. Seems OK with spotify though. I have just learned to live
with this.
Yes you should be able to manually edit the xml preset to set the
frequency you want. Suggest selecting a 3 band and then editing it. The
default is industry standard, I did have a request to make the frequency
editable, but didn't get passed experimenting.