DrLovegrove;284759 Wrote:
> Hi Timbo,
>
> At a guess, I'd say it was either:
>
> 1. A firewall issue - is port 9090 open on both your server and
> client firewalls ? (try disabling both temporarily to see if that fixes
> things)
>
> 2. The server CLI plugin has been turned off. (it's in the SC settings
> somewhere - if it's off, you'll need to turn it on and restart the
> server)
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> - Dr Lovegrove
> http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove
> http://groups.google.com/group/moosenews

Hi - thanks for reply - it was indeed that, on my Windows Home Server I
needed to ask Windows Firewall to allow exceptions for 9090 - but still
no joy, then noticed MySQL setup on your scanning preferences page
mentioned port 9092 as well...oh joy! Once that was opened via WHS the
scanning bar worked and I now have the library, album art and a very
nice way to control SqueezeCenter - thanks muchly! Probably have loads
of questions, but mainly - is that it now, are you continuing to
develop Moose as this is a smart app and I can see it going far! Also
does my SqueezeCenter library stay in sync now or do I have to rescan
every time I add stuff?

Thanks again for help :-)

Timbo.

--