mherger;296652 Wrote:

> No need to go back just because of this issue. Wipe the squeezecenter
>
> folder with all its subfolders. If you still have the squeezecenter-*
>
> folder, rename this one to squeezecenter. Restart your machine and you
>
> should be up and running....
> ...I'd still like to understand what's going on here. What version of
> FreeNAS
> are you using?
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm running 0.685. not the most current but it's been nice and stable
so i've not felt any need to upgrade.
I'll try what you suggest when i get home tonight. (Though i think i
have tried this before but maybe not with the most recent versions)

Is there much of a difference in resource requirements between
slimserver and squeezecenter do you know ?. I note you reccomend 256MB
memory. I don't recall, was that the same for Slimserver ?
My machine has been running for ages with one 128MB stick and 64MB
stick with slimserver v6.54 and ran great. Will i need to upgrade to
256MB just to get Squeezecenter to run up ?
thanks for your help on this

regard

Glen

--