Lesu;324776 Wrote:
> I have just been playing some random tracks and the bug is reproducible.
> The Touch powers off, several tracks later I switch it back on and in
> the album art screen ,after about 10s, the album art and the artist's
> name is updated to the current song playing. Sideswipe to the random
> play list and the old song, which was playing when the Touch switched
> off, is still highlighted.
> It never changes after that, even when a new song starts playing.
> This is ordinary playback, not 'local'. The player is an SB3, updated
> to the latest firmware after the 7.1 upgrade.
> This is a new bug, the old software did not do this.
I have done some more research into the error. It isn't associated with
powering off the Touch, I can reproduce it with the Touch set to never
power off.

Basically what happens is I set the music player going in random song
play mode. Everything works fine, with tracks being added to the
Played/To be Played list which grows in length with each new song.
Until the 21st track is played. When the 22nd track is added, the list
is not added to and the song that is 9th in the list is overwritten. It
is strange because it doesn't delete the old title 9, the 9th line
becomes a combination of two song titles superimposed on each other.
Also further along at around tracks 13 and 14 a title will be
repeated.
>From then on, the song title now playing is updated correctly on the
page header, but the list does not grow and an incorrectly highlighted
title is stuck back in the middle of the list. The album art page is
correctly updated.

I hope this narrows the problem down.

--
Lesu