The trouble with OSX is that there are so few users around who can offer
help. I don't have OSX so all I can do is make general suggestions.

1. Are you sure you are trying to rename the file in the unpacked
directory and not within the ".tar.gz" file ?

2.
a. Create a empty file from scratch and make it executable.
b. Then edit it again and copy the contents of the aacpmplayer.sh.
c. if the new file is executable then edit custom-convert.conf and
change the contents such that the text "aacmplayer.sh" is changed to
the name of your new file.

--
bpa