mherger;368863 Wrote:
> Hold on... what exactly was wrong? So the LiveCD is writable after all?

At least part of what was wrong was the user I was logged in as didn't
have the right privileges, so I logged in as root and was able to
create the correct structure in the right place - ie

/usr/local/www/ext/slimserver

and then, from my slimnas folder, did

cp -R -f usr/www/*.inc /usr/local/www/ext/slimserver
cp -R -f usr/www/*.php /usr/local/www

which both worked fine.

> (I assume it's then written to ramdisk or something)

The config settings are all written to floppy, so persist between
boots.

However, having now specified

/mnt/data/slimnas

(ie, the directory that contains the squeezecenter  and usr
directories)

as the "installation directory", I am now getting the following error
message in the "Install" section of the SqueezeCenter page on the
FreeNAS GUI:

"There's no SqueezeCenter installation file available. Please download
the appropriate squeezecenter-noCPAN.tgz file from
http://www.slimdevices.com/ and store it in your SlimNAS installation
folder using your preferred method (Windows share, FTP, etc.)."

I have also tried re-downloading the squeezecenter-noCPAN.tgz  file to
my slimnas directory, but get the same problem.

rgds

Spider

--
SpiderJon