Roger66;474809 Wrote:
> Nice, but what about re-activating the *core features* of
> ServerPowerControl ?
> Why do you implement new functions when the core features still don't
> work on 7.4 :( ?
>
> Sleep monitoring with option shutdown to mysqueezebox.com doesn't work
> with this beta. I'm no programmer and I dont't need the plugin for
> anything else than sleep monitoring .
I'll try to test this today.

But please understand: I'm not excited about SBS 7.4.  None of the bugs
I care about were addressed.  A couple of new bugs were introduced that
make a good chunk of my music collection impossible to play.  It gives
me no new features that I'm interested in. Many of the UI changes I find
to be personally distasteful. Programming around all the seemingly
pointless api changes between 7.3 and 7.4 has been a PITA.

So, unless you are using a Squeezebox Radio or Squeezebox Touch, my
attitude is 'why bother' with 7.4?  I'm as susceptible to 'update fever'
as the next person.  But not in this case.  My 'production' music server
at home still runs 7.3.4 and SrvrPowerCtrl seems to be working well
there.

I have to ask: If sleep monitoring is important to you, and if 7.3.4
isn't missing anything you can't live without, why not go back to 7.3.4,
for the time being?

I'll do my best to put out a version of SrvrPowerCtrl that works
equally well with 7.3.4 and 7.4.x in time.  But again, please
understand: there's absolutely nothing in it for me, personally.  The
'fun' quotient in preparing this next version has been kind of zilch.
Which is not to say that I don't care about your issue.  I would like to
get this working for you.  But the only real incentive at work here is
my own curiosity.

--
gharris999