All my 7.4.x efforts have failed me.  There's a bug (filed) with .cue
sheets that seems to plague all the versions.  I'll be downgrading for
the time being.  My recollection is Inguz had a hard time with .cue
sheets before so I'm not holding my breath that I'll get it back but at
least I'll have a server that works.

I sent the following message to 'MickeyG' last week, not sure if he's
the right dude or what (sorry for length):

"I'm an audiophile guy, have been for 20 years. I was a reviewer for
6moons for a while and have a fair bit of experience with equalizers and
DSP, having owned three different TacT units and Inguz for quite a while
through 3 Squeezebox Classics.

While the Squeezebox is arguably more geared toward the 'consumer'
market over hardcore audiophiles (more for price than anything else), it
can be featured in a Very Serious setup. My primary rig would retail for
over $25k and my (modded) SB to an outboard DAC is my best possible
digital link.

The Transporter is unabashedly audiophile-oriented. While us
sound-dorks will yell all over that our gear is so good we don't need
tone controls, the simple truth is we do. For a ton of reasons,
primarily room/speaker interactions, speaker/amp pairings, and
fundamental speaker issues, in-room response is almost always terrible.

Of course, most of us don't know that, but it doesn't mean it's not a
problem. We don't know it mostly because our stereos don't permit any
fiddling. If we have controls, we'll play. If we play we'll realize
there's more there than what we're getting, and if we're serious we'll
actually measure the room to see where the problems are. If we have
tools to fix them, the end-result can be really, completely
unbelievable.

For a few years, Inguz has provided a very nice though quirky
feature-set to dial in one's system. However, support for SB Server
7.4.x has gone dry and is set to expire in January. At present, the code
needs to be tweaked to get it to run at all, and even then it causes
problems with .cue files and maybe more. Most of my collection is set up
with single music files + .cue sheets.

There are quite a few people that are concerned about Inguz expiring
and the loss of support. This would seem a great time for Logitech to
pick up the EQ torch and integrate it as a core feature of the
software.

The current options for EQ in a system are not good. I ultimately went
away from the *very expensive* TacT units because their digital
processing engine drained life from the music. Analog EQs are not
flexible enough and add a tremendous amount of analog circuitry to the
chain, also a big no-no. There are software packages that can do this
work, but they too cost big dollars and also can't pair with SB Server.

Having the source itself be the EQ is freaking brilliant, it's
manipulating the file in its native habitat (the server) and the results
don't impart an artificial character, it's all the good with none of the
bad.

In my opinion, and some others I've talked to, this feature is the
single-most important 'extra' the software includes. I understand all
the cool gizmos and people do like those, but this one actually makes
your system sound better, a lot lot lot better.

>From Logitech's standpoint, the potential sales advantage to the
audiophile customer is undeniable. In my mind, it's the last dagger in
the CD player's coffin. Even the grouchy old guys will get it, since
they remember the days when hi-fi kit included tone controls. But, these
are a thousand times better.

Sorry for the long message, thanks for staying with me. I understand
this may be a significant undertaking, who knows, maybe Hugh is done
updating the software and would happily turn over what he has to you.

I can't possibly overstate how important this feature is to a good
number of your serious sound customers.

Thanks a lot,

Mike Smith, aka Miklorsmith"

We need to get a concerted effort going to try to get Logitech to take
this on . . .

--
miklorsmith