Thanks for the info.  I amended your applet and scp'd it to the SBC.  I
got it working for my Toshiba DVD using a lirc conf file.  Looking at
other lirc conf files for denon receivers I can see some with similar
codes.  Looking at rc-896 and rc-841 I see a code of 0x000000000000223C
for volume up.  However, I cannot get this to work.  I suspect I am
entering it in incorrectly (I also tried via ssh and testir).  I tried
shortening to 0x0000223C and that didn't work.  Is there something
different I need to do for these as I noticed you added pre_data to
yours (no pre_data set up for the denon).  Thanks

--
jimaunderwood