audiomuze;507192 Wrote:
> What is it you're trying to do?  Whilst the structure of the m3lib cache
> file is identical under Windows and Linux, in both cases the path to a
> file is stored and as the two OS' deal with paths differently your
> database won't be usable across platforms.
>
> There's no reason I know of that the cache file generated by gp 1.4
> won't work on MiP 1.8 for Linux -- a copy of which would be appreciated
> btw :-)

I know for sure that they aren't compatible.  I ran genpuid 1.4 (Linux)
on part of my library, then tried to load that into the MIP 1.8 (Linux)
application, and tried to load it through the MIP web server interface.
In the case of the application, you get a message telling you the cache
file is from a newer version of MIP (which is an amazingly omniscient
message - how could an app know that the structure of a data file is
from a future version of itself! ;-) ).  As for the web server
interface, nothing happens, the reload cache button just doesn't go
away.

My suspicion is that GenPUID 1.4 is compatible with MIP1.9, which
unfortunately only runs on Windows.

--
chris.mason