GoCubs;509485 Wrote:
> Thanks Mark-
>
> I've seen similar behavior on a handful of instances.  I think what's
> happening is weather.com is giving a half baked web response that
> doesn't parse with tree builder and then when I try to walk the null
> tree it craps out with a real exception which kills the plugin.
>
> I need to play with tree builder/Perl to see if there's an elegant way
> to check for that condition.  I can add null value checks all over the
> place, but given the number of parses it makes the code look very ugly.
> It also doesnt help that it's not an easily reproducible condition to
> program against.
>
> -Greg

Greg,

I happened to be on the other night when weather.com started barfing.
When the site was unreliable, it seemed to return one of 3 ways when
forcing a refresh;

1 - Timed out
2 - Returned a 404 page not found
3 - Returned a completely blank page

Sorry that I didn't capture the page source when this was happening.  I
believe the 1st is probably dealt with by squeezebox server's error
handling, but the latter 2 will likely return all the way to the plugin
and will have to be thrown out there.

It may not be fool proof, but can you begin your gotWeather, got10day,
& gotAverages routines with a check for something that always appears on
the page and if it's not there assume it's a garbage page and throw it
out?

Don

--
BoomX2