GoCubs;550248 Wrote:
> I've just posted 5.9.1, it should resolve the infinite '*' issue with
> 5.9.0.  Basically there was an undefined variable issue that would only
> surface if there are no display items to cycle through (stocks, sports,
> etc.).
>
> Please let me know if you still have the issue with this release.
>
> It's funny, with the significant amount of new code introduced in 5.9.0
> I intentionally went through a number of beta releases before the
> official release to help catch any bugs.  Of course everyone testing in
> the group must have had at least one display cycle item selected.
>
> Thanks
> -Greg

I just updated but now have the '*' symbol popping up on screen
scrolls.  Oops, it just went away!  I know the '?' means it cannot
reach the Internet, but what does the "*" symbol mean and are there any
other diagnostic symbols?

And thanks for the update as I think it may cause my Qnap-based SS to
crash, anyone else having crash problems?  Maybe not that, don't want
to point fingers, but the crash is so infrequent, 2 weeks on average,
that it is hard to troubleshoot.

--
earthbased