mherger;555129 Wrote:
> Oh, and thanks a lot indifference_engine for the hard work on the
> applet! Did you ever consider providing a server side UI to do the
> configuration?
That would be the ideal solution and the server-side plugin could allow
SqueezeIR to do all sorts of funky stuff.  I have no knowledge of perl
unfortunately so there won't be anything forthcoming from me anytime
soon!

mherger;555129 Wrote:
> I was kind of frightened about the applet due to the
> install/configuration instructions. It looked time consuming to me,
> when it wasn't that bad after all (yes, good documentation can have its
> disadvantages too :-P).
>
> Maybe you could add the really short version too: "1. install IR
> definitions for your remote. 2. create configuration file. 3. install
> applet. See below for details". I was just too lazy to read it all,
> assuming there was a lot to do. But eventually, with the help of the
> sample files, it was rather easy.
Good point! I'll add a quick overview for people who know what they are
doing.  Remember, all that mucking about only needs to be done once,
thereafter you just update using the Applet Installer.

--
indifference_engine