danco;593732 Wrote:
> I think the script itself should work fine on Mac OS 10.6.
>
> But the installation will have to be different. There's a new mechanism
> for starting things up, and there may well not be a StartupItems folder
> (I seem to have one left over from a 10.5 installation, and I believe
> the couple of items in it do work).
>
> Nowadays one needs a plist in either LaunchDaemons or LaunchAgents. I
> don't know enough about this to work out what's needed.

If the StartupItems folder does indeed continue to work in 10.6 then,
pro tem, I would be inclined to leave as is.
But I don't have a 10.6 machine to try it on. Do you know how the
server starts itself at boot on 10.6 ?

If this script/task does prove to be of value to the OSX community,
then it might be worthwhile organizing a plug-in to start & stop it
from within the server.
To avoid having to cater for these variable start up mechanisms.

--
mrw