Hi all,

I'd like to develop a plugin/applet for the Touch that controls an amp,
connected via USB serial/RS232 to the Touch. In my case this is an NAD
C355BEE, but I'm not deliberately restricting the plugin/applet to this
model but make it as generic as possible.

Manually controlling the amp already works fine from the Touch when
being logged in via ssh. Now I'd like to make this into a
plugin/applet. I've found
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_Applet_Guide as first
guide to SqueezePlay applets.

However I'd like to make the applet in a way that whenever the Touch
starts to play, the amp is turned on, and when the Touch does not play
for a certain time, the amp gets switched off.

Therefore I'm looking for "events" like "play", "pause", "stop", etc.
where handlers can be hooked into. Does such a thing exist? Is this a
viable approach?

TIA.

Greetings,
Stefan