Hi!

On Sun, 23 Jan, peterw wrote:

> If you don't use MySqueezebox.com, then the events are pretty easy to
> trap in Squeezebox Server plugins.

MySqueezebox.com is certainly not my mail goal, but local Squeezebox
Servers. However if possible, I do not want to restrict usage of
MySqueezebox.com. But if I understand correctly what you say, it gets
complicated with MySB.com.

> You might even simply be able to use my DenonSerial plugin in
> "subscribe" mode and have your applet subscribe to the messages
> DenonSerial sends. E.G. when the amp needs to come on, DenonSerial
> will send a message indicating that "PWON" needs to be sent; when the
> amp should go off, DenonSerial indicates "PWSTANDBY".

Oh, that's interesting information. I already looked briefly at the
DenonAVPControl plugin, but haven't looked at yours yet. Thanks for the
hint.

> Would you mind sharing your code? I had always intended/hoped to write
> an applet companion for DenonSerial that would leverage DenonSerial's
> subscribe model to allow a cheap Prolific or FTDI serial adapter to
> connect a Touch to an amp, but never got around to it...

I have no problem with sharing my code once it is in reasonable shape.

I just started yesterday evening with experimenting. I plugged in a
USB-serial cable between the Touch and the NAD's RS232 port. I logged
into the Touch, configured the /dev/ttyUSB0 device with stty to use the
protocol the NAD expects and then sent the documented commands with
success.

Now I need to build the plugin/applet around it. I'm away on a business
trip for the next two days, but will look at your suggestion when I
come back. Thanks again.

Greetings,
Stefan

--