danco;609594 Wrote:
> I'll experiment further. Is there any logging I could do to check what's
> going on?
>
> I'm not entirely sure if the "force sleep unless" works with Unix
> executables rather than Mac apps, but again I can try.
>
> However, you said you were playing "an album". What happens if you play
> a stream from internet radio? With an album, Energy Saver should keep
> the system awake (hard drive activity), though Please Sleep ignores
> that.
Re "album": that's right, a flaced CD image with an embedded cuesheet.
I'll try playing something via the BBC iPlayer plugin this evening and
see if the system stays awake for that.

Re logging:  You can turn SBS's logging level for RPS to "debug":

SBS Settings->Advanced->Logging->ReallyPreventStandby: Debug

..and see what gets coughed up in the server.log

(I don't know if a port of multitail exists for OSX, but if it does,
that would be a handy tool for log monitoring in the terminal.)

Further, set the Inhibit standby command  in the RPS settings to:

Code:
--------------------

/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ReallyPreventStandby/bin/mac/sleep-inhibit
 %t --log %l --debug

The RPS log will end up in:

/Users/[username]/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/reallypreventstandby.log

Turn on logging in PleaseSleep too and compare RPS's log data with
PleaseSleep's, which should be located at:

/Users/[username]/Library/Logs/PleaseSleep.log

--
gharris999