results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

chincheta0815;609726 Wrote:
> Is SqueezeIR loading/caching the whole lirc files or only the parts
> needed by SqueezeIR?
SqueezeIR is caching the entire lirc file but I don't think removing
unwanted commands would help any.  It may in fact make things worse by
the extra work involved in working out which commands are not needed.
The time consuming part is working through the xml file, not loading
the lirc files.  You can test this easily for yourself by manually
removing the extra commands from your lirc files and timing how long it
takes to load with them removed compared to with them present - I bet
there's very little difference!

chincheta0815;609726 Wrote:
> How about the idea of adding an option for choosing whether SqueezeIR
> should load the cache file first or load the config from the server
> during startup. For testing a new SqueezIR version or config file that
> would be an idea just telling the controller to load the files from the
> server at startup... If anything causes the controller to reboot or
> shutdown due to issues with the SqueezeIR config, you will change the
> config files on the server, SqueezeIR will load a working/backuped
> config and do business as usual.
I thought about this; turn off caching and then re-enable it once you
are happy that the Controller is stable.  I did see the situation where
the Controller appeared stable when loading from the server but crashed
when loading from the cache.  By then it's too late as you have already
enabled the cache because you think everything is ok!  Another idea
(although I don't know if it is possible) would be to somehow detect a
recovery from a dirty reboot and zap the cache thus preventing a second
reboot (assuming SqueezeIR is the cause).

chincheta0815;609726 Wrote:
> Trust me, it's no fun to login to a rebooting controller via ssh. Maybe
> you have forgotten to start ssh on your controller before changing the
> config and have to enable it first on a restarting controller... NO FUN
> ;o)
I know, I've had to do it sooo many times while deveoping and testing
SqueezeIR, I keep ssh login enabled as standard :o

--
indifference_engine

2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller