Hi Erland.  Thanks for continuing to look at this.

Looks like there is an issue somewhere in the scanning.  Either the
scanner is not saving the information correctly or perhaps it cannot
read the TAGs due to format errors?

Is there any way to diagnose what the scanner is doing?  Any verbose
messages that could be turned on?

Is there a way of clearing the custom scan tables and starting again.
I'm not sure that the SBS "Clear Library and rescan everything" does
based on the run times of the plugins?

I can create a menu using the "Custom Tags Album" template and this
does display the composers sorted as I wish.  E.g.

Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
Johann Sebastian Bach
Antonin Dvorak
George Gershwin
Franz Joseph Haydn

However the list is not complete.  There should be 108 composers listed
but only 14 are shown.

A dynamic menu does not display anything.  This might be related or
completely different.

I have loaded your "Database Query" plugin and looked at the "Custom
Scan Statistics"

Only 316 songs are listed having COMPOSER or COMPOSERSORT.  There
should be over 1000.  The "Multi Library" for "Classical Music" tells
me I have 1123 songs. Nearly all of which have both COMPOSER and
COMPOSERSORT tags.  In fact all songs with a COMPOSER will have a
COMPOSERSORT as I have used an action in MP3TAG to do this and they all
display in MP3TAG.

The music files in question are all FLAC by by the way.

Output from "Database Query":

Number of song attributes    1159
Number of artist attributes    0
Number of album attributes    0
Number of songs with attributes    316
Number of songs without attributes    0
Number of artists with attributes    0
Number of artists without attributes    3219
Number of albums with attributes    0
Number of albums without attributes    456
Number of songs with attributes from customtag    316
Number of song attributes from customtag    1159
Number of songs without attributes from customtag    4317
Number of songs without attributes from mixedtag    4633
Number of albums without attributes from csamazon    456
Number of artists without attributes from cslastfm    3219
Number of songs with customtag attributes of type COMPOSER    316
Number of songs with customtag attributes of type COMPOSERSORT    316

Number of songs with customtag attributes of type WORK    23

Thanks...Paul

--
Zetlandpaul