Hi,

I like Softsqueeze, too.

After using earlier versions in the past, without connection problems
as far as I recall, today I installed v3.9b2 on a computer running
Windows XPPSP3 and Java 6 Update 21.

I never got past the initial configuration because the "Squeezebox
Server Hostname" field was greyed out. Apparently Softsqueeze did an
initial broadcast but couldn't find a server although I tried without
firewall and the server is on the same subnet.

After a lot of searching I found a solution:
Under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\titmuss\softsqueeze
set the value slimserver=hostname .

Now it's playing fine, but the server selection is still greyed out in
the preferences screen.

Just wanted to report this, maybe the DIY solution can help someone in
the future? Personally, I would much prefer a plain text configuration
file over settings stored in the Windows registry.

--
sheppy