vagskal;665690 Wrote:
> OK, I see. The strange thing is that the cache is obviously not updated
> automatically in this case but some album art nevertheless disappears
> (the grey generic icon shown instead in cover art view). Is the cover
> art shown in iPeng not retained in iPeng's cache?

That's indeed strange.
There is one other case, though: Some changes to the artwork only get
adopted by the server once you browse to the album or folder it (the
artwork) is in. In this case, iPeng refreshes it's cache but it gets an
empty icon back from the server. When the server finally updates the
icon, there is no way for iPeng to get to know this.

It's a common situation when scanning music by browsing into new albums
using the "Browse Music Folder" feature but I've seen it happen with
autoscan, too.

> I have not changed cover art for the albums with disappearing cover art
> in iPeng, just changed some tag for the files in the album.

Well, that doesn't really make a difference from the server's point of
view. A changed file is a changed file and all information about it
will be thrown away.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com