bpa;671204 Wrote:
> Use mplayer - to record BBC r3 HD live into a file

Code:
--------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls

--------------------

> You can also use VLC but it is a bit harder and cannot save in
> "native" format - it must be saved in Flac to ensure no loss in
> quality.

Thanks bpa - this seems to work. I ran it in a CMD window in Windows.
But I am curious how to stop it? I just did Ctrl-break which seems to
work, but it also seems a bit abrupt, possibly ending in a corrupted
file? Is there a "proper" way?

Also is there a way to listen to it at the same time, and is it worth
increasing the cache or is this effectivley determined by the BBC?

--
rbl