bpa wrote:
> LMS thinks everything is OK so no message from it.
>
> To get debug message from ecasound you need to use "-D" to get output to
> stderr as well as "-dd" or -"d:x".  Since you are running LMS as a
> service, to redirect stderr you need to change the conf file to run
> shell script (e.g. ecasound.sh in a Bin directory of the waveinpu
> plugin).  The shell script ecasound.sh would have a command something
> like
> ecasound "$@" 2>/tmp/ecasound.log
>
> The shell script may need to be more complicated depending on ecasound
> default use of stdin and stdout.  I usually just run LMS from a shell
> prompt and get message from subprocesses (e.g.ecasound) in the same
> window but you need to have the various directories and ownerships setup
> properly to do this.

changing the custom-convert.conf to the following produced debug info

[ecasound] -D -dd -z:db -b:4096 -f:16,2,44100 -i:alsa,hw:Loopack,1 -o
stdout "$@" 2>/tmp/ecasound.log | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b
$BITRATE$ - -

Output

Code:
--------------------

  (audioio) set srate, aobj "ALSA named PCM device:alsa" to 44100.
  (eca-chainsetup) Assigning file to chains: default
  (eca-chainsetup-parser) Interpreting object option "-o:stdout".
  (eca-static-object-maps) register_audio_io_nonrt_objects()
  (eca-static-object-maps) All libsndfile supported extensions:
aiff,au,avr,caf,flac,htk,iff,mat,mat,mpc,oga,paf,pvf,raw,rf64,sd2,sds,sf,voc,w64,wav,wav,wav,wve,xi,
  (eca-object-factory) Object "-o:stdout" created, type "Raw audio file". Has 2
parameter(s) (variable: no).
  (eca-chainsetup-parser) adding file "stdout".
  (audioio) set srate, aobj "Raw audio file:stdout" to 44100.
  (audioio-db-client) DB-client created for stdout.
  (audioio) set srate, aobj "DB => Raw audio file:uninitialized" to 44100.
  (audioio) set srate, aobj "Raw audio file:stdout" to 44100.
  (audioio) set srate, aobj "Raw audio file:stdout" to 44100.
  (eca-chainsetup) Assigning file to chains: default
  (eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
  (eca-control) ECA_CONTROL constructor
  (eca-session) Connecting chainsetup
  (eca-chainsetup) NOTE: Real-time configuration, but insufficient privileges
to utilize real-time scheduling (SCHED_FIFO). With small buffersizes, this may
cause audible glitches during processing.
  (eca-chainsetup) overriding raised priority.
  (eca-chainsetup) bmode-selection case-2
  (eca-chainsetup) "rt" buffering mode selected.
  (eca-chainsetup) Set buffering parameters to:
  --cut--
  buffersize: 1024
  raised_priority: 1
  sched_priority: 50
  double buffering: 1
  double buffer size: 100000
  max buffers: 1
  --cut--
  (audioio_alsa) open
  HOME DIRECTORY /USR/SHARE/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER NOT OURS.
  ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1401:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
  (eca-chainsetup) Connecting chainsetup failed, throwing an SETUP_ERROR
exception.
  ERROR:  Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-ALSA:
Unable to open ALSA--device for capture; error: No such device"
  (eca-control) ECA_CONTROL destructor
  (eca-session) ECA_SESSION destructor-in
  (eca-chainsetup) ECA_CHAINSETUP destructor-in
  (eca-chainsetup) Deleting chain "default".
  (eca-chain) CHAIN destructor!
  (eca-chainsetup) Deleting audio object "alsa".
  (eca-chainsetup) Deleting audio db-client "stdout".
  (audioio-db-client) destructor stdout.
  (audioio-db-server) unregister_client Raw audio file.
  (audioio-db-server) unregister_client failed (2)
  (eca-chainsetup) Deleting audio object "stdout".
  (audioio-db-server) destructor
  (audioio-db-server) destructor-out
  (eca-chainsetup) ECA_CHAINSETUP destructor-out
  (eca-session) ECA_SESSION destructor-out

Looks like a permission issue, LMS is runs under the user
squeezeboxserver, so is shairplay. What user does WavInput run under?