Thanks again for the help. I managed to figure out what it was with your
guidance, and posting it here if anyone runs into the same kind of
problem.

A couple of days ago I installed a ftp-server called CrushFTP. The
server automatically runs on port 8080 and 9090. The error messages have
been solely due to this conflict between CLI (Command line interface)
and the FTP-server. Once I killed the FTP, everything is back to normal
again and works as a charm.

A bit irritating though that the error messages displayed are so
inconsistent in the squeezebox UI. Makes it hard to target the error.

Anyway: Thanks for a great plugin. I don't think I have listened to a
local mp3-file in almost two years due to this!