05mattjax wrote:
> SrvrPowerCtrl - will my Netgear ReadyNas Duo support this plugin? Would
> love to be able to turn off Nas remotely.Maybe.  I gave my ReadyNAS 600 to my
> nephew a few years ago so I can't
walk you through the steps.  But at the very least, I think you'll need
to get root & ssh access to your ReadyNAS and then experiment to figure
out what system commands will successfully suspend/hibernate the system.
You should be able to get some advice from folks over on the ReadyNAS
forum: http://www.readynas.com/forum/.  If you'll be ssh-ing into your
NAS from a windows client, then PuTTY is the ssh client terminal app of
choice.  WinSCP will be a useful tool too.

Anyway, once you've figured that much out, you'll need to identify which
user account the squeezeboxserver process runs under:

# ps aux | grep 'squeeze'

..and having identified the account, you need to modify the /etc/sudoers
file to grant that account passwordless permissions to run those
suspend/hibernate commands.

That's it, in a nutshell.  If you've never had any experience bashing
away at a debian system (which I think is the underlying OS of the
ReadyNAS) from a command line, you'll be in for a very 'reto'
experience.

Good luck, and please post your recipe, if you cobble together one that
works.