05mattjax wrote:
> Finally I guess as my Nas does not have WOL I can't start up the server
> remotely via SrvrPowerCtrl - is this right? Thanks.No, but yes.  The lack of
> WOL on the ReadyNAS was a major disappointment
for me and one of the reasons why I was willing to give mine away.  What
you could do is use SrvrPowerCtrl's End of Day function to monitor
system idle and shutdown the server only during the wee hours.  Then
either program a silent Squeezebox alarm (i.e. use an mp3 file of
silence for the alarm playlist) or program some kind of innocuous
crontab job for a specific time of day that you'd like the NAS to boot
up.  All the recent motherboards I've been using support cold boot RTC
wake alarms.  I'm not sure the ReadyNAS's rtc driver or hardware support
this, though.  You'll just have to check.

The next beta version of SrvrPowerCtrl will have an enhanced
spc-wakeup.sh script that will make experimenting with this much easier.
I'll try to get this commited to my beta repo in a week or so.

Anyway, IF the ReadyNAS's RTC wakealarm supports cold booting, then, in
order for SrvrPowerCtrl to be able to program timed system wakeups /
boots, you'll need to finish the SrvrPowerCtrl setup as outlined on the
help page.

05mattjax wrote:
> I have enabled ssh and can access via PuTTy. I can run the 'ps aux |
> grep 'squeeze' and it chucks out some information but I'm a bit stuck
> from here. Could you explain what I need to do from here. On my Ubuntu
> server, that command returns:

Code:
--------------------

  110      13669  0.0  0.0  20744  1668 ?        S    07:35   0:00 /bin/bash
/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver_safe /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset=utf8
  110      13673 27.8  1.9 254936 152188 ?       R    07:35   0:13
/usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver --prefsdir
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs --logdir /var/log/squeezeboxserver/ --cachedir
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache --charset=utf8 --norestart
  root     13732  0.0  0.0   9376   928 pts/0    S+   07:36   0:00 grep
--color=auto squeeze

--------------------
What that tells me is that the user accout with UID '110' "owns" the
squeezeboxserver process.  If I then:

# cat /etc/passwd | grep '110'

..I get back:

Code:
--------------------
    squeezeboxserver:x:110:65534:Logitech Media
Server,,,:/usr/share/squeezeboxserver:/bin/false

--------------------

This tells me that UID 110 belongs to the 'squeezeboxserver' account.
For SrvrPowerCtrl's purposes, I'll then need to add the following lines
to the /etc/sudoers file:

Code:
--------------------

  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-powersave*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/crontab -l
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/spc-checkidle.sh*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/spc-restart.sh*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/spc-test.sh*
  squeezeboxserver ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/spc-wakeup.sh*

--------------------
Make sure to create a backup copy of your sudoers file before you edit
it!  Also, ask on the ReadyNAS forum if the pmutils package can somehow
be installed on the NAS.  (I.e. can you install packages via 'apt-get',
etc?)  If not, then you need to find substitute commands for the pm-*
commands.  The spc-* scripts you should manually copy from
SrvrPowerCtrl's scripts/Debian directory to /usr/local/sbin.  Or try
running the scripts/Debian/srvrpowerctrl-setup.sh script and see if it
works.  That script should modify your sudoers file for you and install
the helper scripts.  See the SrvrPowerCtrl Help page, available from the
link at the top of the settings page.
05mattjax wrote:
> I would like the use the 'switch to Squeezenetwork' function when
> shutting down. Does iPeng switch too as I couldn't get this to work
> either.Try SSHing into your ReadyNAS and try a:

# ping mysqueezebox.com

If you get resolution of mysqueezebox.com and you can ping it, I don't
see why the 'Shutdown to MySqueezebox.com' feature shouldn't be working.
That said, I haven't tested this feature since Logitech ditched it's
own servers and moved MySqueezebox.com to Amazon's cloud.

You did install the latest BETA version of SrvrPowerCtrl, didn't you?
The 'released' version is ancient and probably only really works with
old version of Squeezebox Server < 7.4.