results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

It helps indeed! Thanks!
I solved most of my needs with your instructions!

Thanks also for explaining the HOTKEY config!
Now I got it:

Code:
--------------------

        -- deal with hotkey.
        if tonumber(strKeyCode) == mtblData["HOTKEY"] then
                if tonumber(strType) == EVENT_KEY_PRESS then
                        Framework:playSound('DOCKING')
                        EnableButtons(self, true, true)
                elseif tonumber(strType) == EVENT_KEY_HOLD then
                        Framework:playSound('DOCKING')
                        EnableButtons(self, false, true)
                end

--------------------

The only issue here is that with EVENT_KEY_PRESS I have the controller
getting locked. This behaviour overcomes SqueezeIR's settings.
So I'd like to assign the EVENT_KEY_HOLD to the _SETTINGS menu instead
to operate the EnableButtons directly...

I changed it into:

Code:
--------------------

                elseif tonumber(strType) == EVENT_KEY_HOLD then
                        ShowMenu(self, SETTINGS_TITLE)
                end

--------------------

And it worked!
And I'm wondering if I can rid of the Macro and Shortcut Widgets (the
one in the Settings/Advanced/Beta Features section),
by diverting all Macros to SqueezeIR!

Can I call an external menu from SqueezeIR?

I already configured a menu for Presets
I'd like other shortcuts menus
E.G. a menu for Management Macros (eg. putting together sync widgets,
power widgets etc)
and maybe other kind of menus I've not thought about yet...