It's very strange! I never had this problem with my (lesser) 3310, which
did have LAN too.

I've been trying to get Serial working as I'm guessing it might be more
reliable, but I'm struggling with that too - the errors I get suggest
that it can't use the perl serial plugin, so I got a serial->ethernet
converter, but that doesn't work either... I'm guessing that could be a
cabling issue though.

Setting the Idle Poll Frequency very high seems to have resolved it, but
to get it to work I had to power on and power off each zone, then reboot
LMS. Since then it has been fine, powers on and off each zone fine -
will see how it goes over night.

PS. The volume control fix works a treat, so thank you very much for
that!