slartibartfast wrote:
> This doesn't seem to work for me either.
>
> Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Restarted LMS after you done this ( maybe I'm wrong here ) , and use
your real file path  I only gave an example with my file paths you can't
copy exactly .

Mherger is probably closest "sudo" so go flex is Debian based in my
example I leaved out sudo part as I log on as root on my server .

Replacing /path/to/files with whatever is the file correct file path in
mhergers example should work fine a+w is probably a bit less invasive
than 777 .

Note that Linux is case sensitive . And don't forget all the slashes .

Maybe first do a "cd /"

Then your complete path start with a forward slash "chmod -R a+w
/bla/bla/folder" or 777

In directory just above this folder do the ls-la command ,you see the
current rigths and owners of the folders and files .

Btw the shared disk on a goflex what format is it hopefully ext3 or 4
not fat or ntfs . Is it an USB drive ?

If its an USB drive maybe it should be mounted via fstab so that you can
have some controll over the rigths on it , Debian/Ubuntu system can be
funny re auto mounting USB drives ?

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4