Somebody asked me by private mail: -*What would one use this setup
for?*-

What motivated me was the search for a nicer than Logitech/others GUIs
and so add joy to the listening experience:
We can now control iTunes (running as player on the Mac Mini) with the
(IMO) well designed GUI of Apple's "Remote" (iOS) app on
iPhones/iPods/iPads.
"Remote" provides a very similar interface to iTunes, which many people
is familiar with. The music flow is then:

ITUNES LIBRARY > ITUNES > SOUNDFLOWER > LMS >
SQUEEZEBOX(ES)/SQUEEZE(SOFT)PLAYERS > ETC.

Using Apple's eye-candy GUI, the beautifully sounding LMS+Squeezeboxes
can be stamped as "wife compliant" devices :)
They deserve (IMO) a -wife acceptance factor- (WAF) 9 out of 10 :)

I put this WaveInput channel in "Favorites" of the Squeezebox players
for rapid access.
After using it for a month or so, the only "drawbacks" I see are:

- The 7-8 seconds from pressing "Play" to listening due to latency.
  "Pause"/"Stop" have instantaneous effect tough.
- The not so nice icon in the controller(s)/Touch screens instead of
  the album art. I guess this last could be fixed by some extra coding
  in lua.
-

Together with the 'SmartMix'
(http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php@nr=1352&kategorie=slim-plugins)
plugin by Michael 'mherger'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?50-mherger), this approach
covers all our needs for now.

Hope this helps! :)

p.s: I must confess I still find myself using the Logitech remote
app/iPeng and SqueezePad too.  I guess I am spoiled by having so many
options... :)