erland wrote:
> Is there a particular level in the menu hierarchy that's slow ?
> Like when it lists all Composers ? all Works ? or all work artists ?
> Or are all menu levels slow ?
It is all my top level menus which do things like:

Works by Composers
WorkArtists by Composer
Composers by Orchestra
Composers by Conductor

Almost all my menus aim to drill down to find Works, and then show or
play the tracks.  I'd give you a full list but unfortunately after an
attempt by me to recreate some indices LMS decided to rescan, and custom
scan then kicked in, and I am now totally locked out for the next 3 or
more hours.

Looking at your script I see fewer indices created than are listed as
defined by sqlite3.  I assume this means some have been defined that are
not used.  Is that correct?  In the past I recall some systems worked
faster with no indices when creating data in bulk, and then creating the
indices afterwards.  Would that work here?

I could easily leave out the musicbrainz ones, since me & musicbrainz
never understood each other and I have no such data anyway.

If I sit down with an icepack and try and work out how the data is used
I may be able to work out some indices that suit my way of using things.
If you have any thoughts they would be welcome.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch with
EDO on Ethernet, coax out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless
Xubuntu laptop controls server using Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB
DAC to listen to LMS via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!