Only just found Qobuz and it sounds great using their desktop app on my
mac, but the sound isn't that great through the plugin to my boom or SB
Radio.

Don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't even bother about flac for Radio and Boom only. They do sound great for what they are. But do they justify the premium price tag to get flac streaming? And they for sure are no reference system.

I have flac playback selected in the config, but I am wondering if I get
see anything to confirm it is playing back the flac and not mp3?

When you hit the + button you'll get a context menu, which among other things reports the file type.

--

Michael