mherger wrote:
> > Isn't it possible to skip the track once it becomes evident that it
> > isn't playing?
>
> That is what is happening. But if all tracks happen to not be playable,
> there's not enough time to add new tracks before it comes to a halt.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I have tried this again on a Touch. If a track is unplayable I see a
message on the screen saying that the track is not available in my
region but the previous track remains on the screen indefinitely with
0.00 time remaining. The player will not enter standby unless I press
pause. Alternatively if I press track advance while the previous track
is playing then I see the same "track not available in your region"
message but the unplayable track is skipped and the next track is
played.