gian wrote:
> I confirm that:
> sudo service squeezelite start ( or sudo /etc/init.d/squeezelite start
> )
> sudo service squeezelite stop ( or sudo /etc/init.d/squeezelite stop )
> do not work, while issuing squeezelite -n Z210 -s 192.168.1.122 from
> terminal do.
>
> Ubuntu 14.04 should use Upstart.
>
> It was me who entered the record for the Kingrex in
> https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/List-of-USB-DACs. :-)
> I tested Picoreplayer on my Raspy and it worked fine.
>
> Here is my /etc/default/squeezelite:
> # Defaults for squeezelite initscript
> # sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
> # installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts
>
> # The name for the squeezelite player:
> SL_NAME="$(hostname -s)"
>
> # ALSA output device:
> SL_SOUNDCARD="front:CARD=PCM2702,DEV=0"
>
> # Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
> # Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP
> address of
> # your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
> # automatically discovered.
> SB_SERVER_IP="192.168.1.122"
>
> # Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
> # Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
> #SB_EXTRA_ARGS=""
>
> What about the ffmpeg errors?
> Can they be responsible for the pops, clicks, and hiccups?
> They come occasionally, but often enough to be annoying.
>
> thanks for your time, Krisbee.
>
> -Gian

Gian,

Well something is screwed if you say "sudo /etc/init.d/squeezelite
start" does not work. What output, if any, does the command produce?
Have you checked to see to squeezelite is not already running via "htop"
or a ps command?  I'm afraid I can't duplicate this until I have created
a Ubuntu virtual machine.  But your Ubuntu desktop is probably running
pluseaudio which can get in the way. Which desktop environment are you
using - unity or something else?

Does the ouput of "squeezelite -l" contain the device "pulse".   If so,
as a quick test start squeezelite manually with:

squeezelite -o pulse -n Z210 -s 192.168.1.122

( Actually, as you used squeezelite -n Z210 -s 192.168.1.122, you did
not specify an output device and so squeezelite must have used the
default device - probably the same as using -o pulse)

My external USB DAC has a similar PCM chip and I use the param "-a
:::0".  You would add this to the /etc/default/squeezelite file as:

SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-a  :::0"

I'm sure it will work, it's just a case of getting the config right.