chris.mason wrote:
> I think I have narrowed this down a little.
>
> When the server is restarted via an RTC wake up, the squeezeboxes
> re-attach.  ALso, if the server is woken from one of the squeezeboxes,
> that works.  If the server is woken my PC (magic packet being sent), it
> restarts, but the squeezboxes don't re-attach.   All very odd.

I don't use the feature currently but the plugin is installed on my
7.8.1 linux server.
I have tried setting the "Alternate Server Delay Time" by changing the
value in the field, and it sort of failed: on page reload the slider
disappeared and the value stayed at 30.
Then I reloaded the page, used the slider to reach some value and hit
"Apply", and this time it worked.
What happened might well be caused by the low-power platform I am using
but I thought it worth mentioning.

Anyway, I would suggest to use the slider called "Seconds to wait before
trying to restore:" which seems set to a very low 5 seconds by default.
I suspect your machine does not wake-up services always in the same
order (one of the great advances of modern linux machines), and the
plugin sends its commands over a network interface that is not fully
operational. So increasing the delay might help.

HTH

4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • SqueezeLite • Squeezebox Server 7.8.1
(Debian 7.5)  with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • IRBlaster by
Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix
by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song
Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • ShairTunes
by StuartUSA • Local Player, BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode • Auto
Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.