Well, I use Squeeze Control, anr it works fine with the Google Music
Plugin. Best way to try it out is to use the LMS webinterface directly.
If it works there, then the Plugin is fine.

I used Squeeze Cimmander for quite a while, but I stopped using it some
time back, because it had problems connecting to my server for some
reason. I don't like the Squeeze Control interface as much as I liked
Squeeze Commander, but it is actively maitained. Also, it did not have
thr connection issues.  Orange Squeeze is OK, but I never liked the way
it was structured. The "Side Menu" wasn't my cup of tea. Squeeze Control
has an easily customizable main menu which does pretty much all I need.