Paden wrote:
> Hey tcutting
> Great job resurrecting this plugin!
> Should your latest version install/run direct from the Repository
> without the need for any part of GoCubs original to be installed?
> That's the way I've installed however I have no weather, not even the
> "period" text appears :-(
> Just get repeated versions of this error in the log:
> Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed
> calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't use an
> undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
> /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm
> line 2900.
> Any ideas appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Paul.

The plugin should work without any additional files - it's really Greg's
plugin, but modified to work with the weather underground API.
You MUST get an API "developer" key from wunderground.com.  Make sure
you've updated the plugin settings with the API key and a valid
wunderground PWS (personal weather station) identifier (or you can use a
US Zip Code).
If you've done these things, turn on debug logging for SuperDateTime,
and monitor the server log. A good test is to find the URL call for
"gotWeatherUnderground" in the log. You should be able to copy the URL
from the server log, and paste into a web browser - do you  get a valid
response?