Could someone kindly identify whether the fix of iPlayer is for dummies
and where to locate details, please?

I see there is a detailed fix here
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103312-BBCiPlayer-plugin-a-guick-fix-guide
but it looks a bit heavy for my skill level.

I am running LMS on a mini-ITX running ClearOS.  When I tried to install
the PlayHLS workaround at the end of February my system collapsed and I
have had to rebuild it, so I am not keen on trying that route again.  (I
may be running ClearOS but that doesn't mean I know anything about Linux
- it took me three days to reinstall the OS and LMS.)

Using the radiotime tune-ins as a workaround is maddening as Radios 4
and 5 are forever rebuffering.  And I miss Listen Again.

Many thanks.