Folks,

I can confirm that the playback speed issue I was experiencing with
Max2play / Squeezelite on one of my 3 Raspberry Pis (low bitrate /sample
rate files played too fast) *_was_* caused by the USB WiFi adapter.
:mad:

SO - if your Raspberry Pi is playing some tracks that sound like Mickey
Mouse - and others play as they should, the WiFi adapter is another
thing to check out.

Mine was purchased from Amazon and was supposed to be compatible with
the Pi - but either it was not fully compatible - or it was faulty.
An adapter from the Pi Shop was plugged in - and all is well!  :D

Hope this helps

FG