d6jg wrote:
> Went with volume via the renderer largely for safety's sake in order not
> to blow the Denon or the £5k+ Beovision!
> The volume wasn't stuck at 100% but every time we switched the Denon on
> the LMS web interface showed it at 100%. I am unsure where that was
> coming from.
> Its a bit difficult to test things such as volume over a VPN. When I
> next go I will do some more fiddling and report.
> He has a Logitech Harmony of some description on his desk which he uses
> to control the other components in the Denon set up so no big deal at
> present.
>
> EDIT. You might consider making the "ignore changes" setting a default
> as it would be much safer. Obviously you'd have to explain the options
> and possible repercussions of changing to LMS controlled volume.

I understand you don't want to test changes remotely under vpn :-)

Still, I'm a bit reluctant to set the "ignore all changes" a default as
I'm afraid many will then complain that volume control does not work
(you know, nobody RTFM, including me ...).

There is no feedback from a UPnPPlayer to LMS through sq2u with regard
to volume changes. It only goes one way, LMS ==> sq2u ==> UPnPlayer, so
it cannot be a problem with that. If there was a bug in sq2u where I
would send a spurious 100% command, the LMS web interface would still
show less than 100%. So if the web UI shows 100%, it means this *is*
LMS's intention to set volume at 100%, hence I was wondering what is the
"Volume control" in the LMS settings (not the UPnPBridge settings) of
the corresponding Denon "virtual" player. A squeezelite instance has the
option to have fixed volume at 100% and that sounds to me like the most
likely hypothesis.

At some point, would you mind checking that ? It does not imply making
any changes, just seing what's the setting there

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)