DJanGo wrote:
> What OS?

Thanks I want to be able to do this on a windows PC and on a Synology
Box and compare the artist count and the song count.

I am using the same settings as best as I am able and having them point
to the same file system.

The count is only off by 8 songs out of 3200 total songs.

The synology box is great for serving files but is a little slow for
general purpose computing.

So I would like to run most of the software on the windows box.

But if the windows box is missing songs because of file system
problems...

The fact that the scan on the windows box picked up almost all of the
songs is a recent fix. It used to skip a bunch of songs due to
path/filesystem size or other special character.

Then if I browsed to the missed songs in "Music Folder" that would crash
the slimserver process on windows.

Now it appears fixed and no crashing.

I originally ripped the disks on a mac so the file paths were long as
the mac can handle long file names and paths.

I used the default ripping settings of the program called XLD for the
Mac. This would produce long folder path names by default.