Owen Smith wrote:
> The thing that puts me off Airplay is everything has to be resampled to
> 44.1KHz. And since I listen to a lot of BBC iPlayer with bpa's Dash
> compatible plugin, that's a lot of 48KHz content. Plus I have a working
> Receiver and two more as backups in storage, so I don't need any of
> these converting plugins at present.
>
> But my reasons for not using AirPlay probably aren't representative of
> the average non user.
>
> So far of philippe's plugins, upnp/dlna seems to be a pain to set up
> (and I can't recall if it does gapless); airplay resamples to 44.1KHz;
> so if I needed one I'd look at chromecast and find out what I don't like
> about that either (probably).
>
> I have both an AirPlay (old single band model that plugs straight into
> the wall for power) which I never use, and an Oppo 95 which I use for
> Blu Rays/DVDs but I've never bothered with it's DLNA capabilities. If
> someone else did the hard work of sorting out a config file for the Oppo
> 95 and confirming that both gapless and 96KHz playback worked (which my
> Receiver can't do) I might look into it.

Why wait for someone else to do the work?   Give it a try yourself -
that'a how most of the configs have been developed - somebody putting in
some work.  Philippe is very helpful if you make the effort.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Radio
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers
UPnPBridge - Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker
UPnPBridge - Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker
UPnPBridge - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x speaker
Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
SB Player - Fire TV