Hello Martin,

you're right that I fixed an issue I shouldn't have ;-) but for whatever
reason the DSM setup doesn't have a complete locale definition
for LMS as otherwise it should switch to UTF-8 automatically (as does
the shell when I log in).

What is even more surprising is that I never had this issue on my DS212
but I didn't install this from scratch but rather did an upgrade to DSM6

which might have retained some config details which are missing when
installing from scratch.

It would be great if you could fix this centrally so proceeding with
fingers crossed that you'll find a way to do so.

Thanks,
Stefan

- 1 x RPi2 with Hifiberry Digi+ directly connected to my JBL 4328
speakers (which is about the smallest possible highend sound setup - and
what a sound!)
- 1 x Logitech Squeezebox
- 1 x Logitech Squeezebox Touch
- 1 x Logitech Squeezebox Boom
- 5 Apple devices with iPeng 9
- Synology DS1815+ with DSM6 running 7.9.0 - 161.1053  (Pinkdot
Upgrade)