BigTony wrote:
> Thanks that worked, for a while :-(
>
> Now I can't see MAX2PLAY on my network in Windows, it is there and
> everything works fine, but I can't connect to the USB drive anymore.
> I have tried everything I know, even uninstalling the network client and
> installing it again, but M2P never appears on the network. I wiped the
> SD card and did everything again, same problem, so I am guessing it's a
> Windows problem, is there another way I can connect to the USB drive?
> FTP - if I can add files to the drive then it's all good, but if not I
> am kinda of scuppered.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> BT

Is your M2P wired or wireless?

I've had this problem with wireless, I could SSH into the RPi using
WinSCP, but it wouldn't appear in Windows > Network. I had another M2P
instance that was wired and was no trouble. So I wired the wireless one
(homeplugs) and it's been trouble free for months.

YMMV

kidstypike

LMS on Raspberry Pi 3/max2play/HiFiBerry DAC+ > AVI DM5

1 x SB3 - 1 x Boom - 1 x (Squeezebox) Radio - 2 x Touch - 2 x Raspberry
Pi/max2play/HiFiBerry