ian_heys wrote:
> I set up the cast to a chromecast which is connected to a small Bantam
> T-Amp and some speakers. Once the cast is set up the phone can be
> switched off as the chromecast is directly connected to the BBC's
> server.
>
> I've connected a file called BBC Radio.txt If you rename this to BBC
> Radio.m3u (file extension not accepted for attachments) and transfer it
> to your android device and then tap on the file it will open a dialog
> which asks how you want to open this file. Mine had Google Music Play,
> ES Music Player and ES Chromecast player. I hadn't realised I had the
> Chromecast Player until this dialog box opened as it doesn't appear as
> an installed app.
OK - thanks very much.  I was struggling to see how LMS, and I imagined
with the chromecast plugin, fitted into your solution.  It doesn't of
course.

I guess one could equally have done this using an Android LMS controller
telling our LMS server to send the channel via the chromecast plugin to
your Bantam T-amp.

I'll stop getting off thread now.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 16.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 16.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.