Hi there,
I've finally tried to implement LMS in my car. Apart from a technical
issue related to the "automatic start-stop" function of my car, it works
quite well. I do have some usability issues however and don't know if
they need to be addressed on the player level or on the controller
level.
I use OrangeSqueeze as controller on my Android phone and either
squeezelite running on the BananaPi which also runs the LMS, with a USB
disk as music source, or Squeezeplayer on my phone, connected through
bluetooth. Both alternatives have generally the same issues, being:

- Unable to be controlled from the built-in controls of my car (mainly
  skip & pause are needed)
- Not paused/muted for traffic warnings

Other music apps I use on my phone work quite well in this regard, but
of course they're not LMS, and even with a 64GB SD card in my phone,
there's always music I miss from my ±3TB library at home. Ideally I
think the bluetooth commands should be used by the controller
(OrangeSqueeze) to send to the LMS, which in turn sends them to the
player, as that's the logic of the whole LMS system when using an
infrared remote control as well. It seems there's no Android controller
apps under active development anymore. Does anybody know of another
solution to my quandary?
I'm not here to debate the merits of bluetooth streaming over the direct
connection using the AUX IN; Let's just say that the added usability +
safety of controlling everything over bluetooth to me is more important
and perceptible in the noisy environment of a European middle class
diesel car than any fidelity gains ...

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901;
BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Wandboard Duallite + CSOS, integrated LMS activated