wt0 wrote:
> Yes, it really should be handled by the player.
>
> As I see it, you have two options:
>
> 1) Run a player app on your phone and send the audio through bluetooth.
>
> 2) Get a cheap android device and turn it into a dedicated squeezebox
> player for your car.  Since you'll need internet connectivity for
> traffic alerts, unless your car has an internet connection, the second
> option probably wouldn't work.
>
> For option 1, I don't know if Squeeze Player will "duck" it's audio
> (that's actually what that behavior is called) for notifications.  I
> know that my player, SB Player, does.

The first option is actually what I'd like to do, but Squeezeplayer
doesn't "duck" it's audio, and what's more, the way I'm using this,
Squeeze Ctrl doesn't even seem to see Squeezeplayer, making it unusable
to me ... That's why you'll see I made a purchase and asked a refund :(
This 15-minute thing of Google's to request a refund is really not good
if you want to test something rather complicated like this ...
I'll explain my setup. It may not be the most perfect way to do it, and
I'm open to suggestions, but I tried it first at home before even
testing it in my car, and it worked :p
On my phone I activate the hotspot function, and my BananaPi connects to
it. This way both OrangeSqueeze and Squeezeplayer see the LMS, network
traffic between them stays inside the car, and my phone is still
connected to the 4G network for Waze and other stuff, but with the
"issues" mentioned earlier.
I tried Squeezer as a control app, but it doesn't even want to connect
to LMS that way, and Squeeze Ctrl sees LMS, but for some strange reason
didn't see Squeezeplayer ...

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901;
BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...